The Dragon Whistler

The Dragon Whistler
Now available in paperback.

2.16.2009

2009 Cybils Winners announced

The Cybils are literary awards judged by children's and YA bloggers (one of which is not me, unfortunately.) The 2009 recipients are listed here and I agree with some of the winners. Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games for YA Fiction (SF/F), obviously, had my vote. And, not surprisingly, Newbery winner The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman took the middle grade SF/F category.

I personally would have voted for Every Soul a Star for Middle Grade Fiction. I tried to read The London Eye a few months back and just couldn't get into it. I'm sure it's a great book and nothing against Siobhan Dowd at all, just didn't do it for me. Plus, Wendy Mass just happens to be one of my favorite authors, so I may be a bit biased on that category ;)

Other winners were Mo Willems,  Shannon and Dean Hale, and E Lockhart. See all the winners.

Congrats to everyone!

No comments: